Thursday 6 December 2012

Box and Mannequin

As a final sort of experimentation thing at the end of this term we have to use the techniques that we have learnt and put into practice, from the last few weeks, to create work that is more structured towards our subject area. I had a quick flick through my costume ideas to get an idea of where to go with my work. We had to take a element of a Rake's Progress also, I thought that a good thing to do would be to look at the structure of the women dresses focusing mainly on the skirt of the dress.
I took a few quick photos of where I am up to with it now. I came across a few problems with the length of the mannequin so I had to drop it into the box and support it with a chair and some bricks so that it was the right height for the mannequin to sit on. The bottom photo shows the model ready for casting, I am going to use scrim and plaster to create the casts, I will just have to see how that turns out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment