Friday 14 December 2012

Box and Mannequin; Session 2

In this session I finished covering the mannequin and the box ready for my to cover them in scrim and plaster.   I covered the box in black bin liners because it was easier than using cling film. The picture below shows the whole thing before I started putting plaster on it. 
This shows how far I got with the plaster and the scrim in that one session. I got the main shape created on these two side but on the other sides I need to add more  scrim and plaster to make a better shape. I like unfinished effect that using this material has created at the bottom, as I had the character of the harlot in mind so wanted to created something that look worn. I think that when I finish the other side it will look really good.
 
I could also use this technique with different materials such as newspaper with pva and water and fabric with pva and water. Using these would stiffen the material so could help me create more of a structured piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment