Friday 19 October 2012

Screen Printing

I used the basics of the pattern that I had cut out for the lino print to base my screen printing on. Rather than it just being one piece though I wanted to layer it so that the flowers and the background pattern could be two different colours.
These are the two layers of sencil that I used to create my textile designs. I took the two main elements of my lino print and seperated them into two layers to get to these two stencils.
paper version
fabric version
I think that out of these two the paper one has come out the best. I dont think that either of them has worked very well as the print isnt flat, parts of it are patchy and the stencils have moved in sections of the print. I would have to change the paints that I use because the pigment of the red paint came through the black, whereas I wanted it to look like the black flowers were ontop of the red. I would also, if this was a final fabric, would clean the screens better before I use them as I think that might have had a part to play in the print no coming out as well as I wanted.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment