Wednesday 3 October 2012

Lino Print


This shows the pattern that I cut into my block before I started printing with it.
For the design I took inspriation from this piece of work by Paul Morrison, which features in his exhibition in the Millenium Gallery.


 I created a block so that when i printed them next to each other the print would carry on, looking like a repeat pattern. This one I did was on black suger paper with bright red printing ink. I dont think that this one has worked well because the colours havnt turned out as bright as i would have wanted. The print has also absorbed into the paper therefor the edges arent as sharp as i would want the to be.

For the other two samples used I printing inks on white fabrics. I was hoping that using a fabric would mean that the print would not bleed as  much therefor it would be shaper. I initally tryed some prints out on a cream coloured material, I found that the colours werent as bright as i wanted on this either. The piece below shows another print that i did on white fabric.
I think that this one works the only thing that i would do would be too look at the amount of ink i have on the stamp if i didnt want to have the faded sections on it. The final one that i tryed in this session was to do a black prin like this but to then layer another print of red ontop of it.
I dont think that I managed to do enough of this print to see whether it would work. You can also see on this that on one of the printed sections i had to much ink on the block and therefor it has all bled and you cant tell what the print should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment