Monday 8 October 2012

18th Century Wigs

I have looked at 18th century portraits to have a look at the styles of hair and wig. Doing this will then give me more of an idea as to which direction I want to take the wig that I am making. 
Caroline of Ansbach- Spouse of King George  II
Lady Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire

























I wanted to make a wig based on the Harlot of a Harlots Progress. I looked at portraits of the aristocracy of the 18th century, from these I could get a feel of what kind of look the Harlot would want but defiantly wouldn't have. The harlots would be bigger and more brash, the bigger the better. She would have tried to achieve a classier look but look like one of these hairstyles that had been lived in for a week and all started to fall out and look messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment