Wednesday 31 October 2012

Life Drawing, Session 1

I dont think that it went to bad to say that I havnt done life drawing since last year. Obviously there are problems, such as scale, proportion and positioning that I need to work on again to get back to how I was before. I think its good to have someone new to draw, it will also help me with my character drawings and designs drawing various people rather than just one size.

This is the first drawing that I did. I dont think its that brilliant, the proportions arent right and the figure looks at though it is leaning rather than it being straight. Taking these into account  dont think that its too bad as a first attempt back.
These are the second and the third drawing that I did in this session. I think that the one on the left is a big improvement on the one that i did intially. the proportions are an improvement but the arm isnt brilliant. I dont like the one on the right at all. I think that the figure is to dark leading to the actual shape being lost. I found this pose difficult to do and the amount of corrections that I was doing contributed greatly to the figure being so dark. 
 This is my favorite out of all the pieces that I did in this session. I like this pose out of all of them and I think that I have got the proportions quite right. I also like the mark making on this one and the fact that it isnt to heavy so you can see the shape of the figure. The two things that need working on in this piece are the size and shaping of the arm and the legs. I found where one of the legs was difficult to draw as it was coing towards me creating foreshortening.
These are the last two pieces that I did. I didnt like the pose of the top one, i just didnt find it interesting to draw. The piece that I create from it didnt turn out to badly. The one below that I think is the worst piece that I did during this session. I found this pose the most difficult of the day and i dont think that I had enough time to correct what I did wrong. Due to the lack of time I tried to get the basic figure down quickly beacause of this the proportions werent right, the legs were far to big for the body and i didnt manage to put any shading on, so there was no depth or shape to the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment