Monday 8 October 2012

Positive and Negative Space

I enjoyed this session and also think it will help me when looking at my on work. I think that it will help me when looking at costume and theatrical design and performance. This is because we found that although the wool and string is a fine material it created a challenge to get through when navigating are way round the room. From this i can see that even small props can be effective within a performance.


These show the final outcome of our session- Made moving about a little tricky to say the least!
We put all the wool together after taking down it all down. We did this to see how little amount of wool and string it took to make it hard to move round the room. Showing that you don't always need huge objects to create an impact. 

The video above shows my personal journey through the string and wool frames that we created in 3D. I think its interesting to compare this are the one of the other people moving through it. The different ways that people move round it are due to the decisions made by the individual when coming to each obstacle, meaning that no two persons journeys would be the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment