Wednesday 7 November 2012

3D- Mod Roc casting

This is the second kind of casting that we hae tried. For this Beth casted my face, processes like this would be used in theatre as the base to create masks and head pieces from.

This Shows the first stage of the casting process where Beth covered my face in cling film to provide a layer between the mod roc and my skin. Leaving a hole around my nose of course so I could till breath.

These show the putting on of the modroc strips part way through and at the end. The cast can only done to a certain part on the head in order for me to be able to remove it. The mod roc does dry quite quickly so I was able to remove it quite soon after all the strips had been put on. It was then left to dry fully on the table.

These show both the inside and the outside of the final cast that we did. I think that it looks good and everything went pretty smoothly to say we hadnt done this before. You can see where the features are on it but where the cling film wasnt close enough to the shape of my face some of the definition and shaping of the features has been lost.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then gave the actual putting on of the mod roc myself. I had a go at casting my hand as it was an easy thing to do on myslef. The same as with this one I ouldnt cast all the way around my hand because otherwise I wouldnt be able to actually get the cast of my hand.


These show the final cast that I did of my hand. I had to do this casting around a glove rather than using cling film because the cling film just would stop and shape around my hand. Due to this I did loose a bit of the definition of my hand but overall I think that this one worked quite well to.



No comments:

Post a Comment