Thursday 8 November 2012

Body Casting

We did full body casting today using fine casting plaster and skrim. I think that the outcome of this tehnique is really effective, we had to move fast with the plaster though as it gets thick and sets quite quickly. Im really enjoy actually learning all of the different techniques in 3D, I can then use these techniques in future projects and moving into my pathway.
This shows the beginning of the casting process I had to cling film Beth all the way around, even though i was only casting the front of her, otherwise the cling film would just have fell off the front.

These photos show Beth, in the top one, when she had been cast and the bottom one shows James Jess and Beth stood drying.
These are two of the three final casts after they had been taken off the body. I do think that they look good they just need a bit of neatening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment