Tuesday 20 November 2012

Body Casting take two

I was the one being cast in this session. I wanted to have the experience of being cast and casting someone. Due to us as a group having the idea of actually placing the casts round the corridors I wanted to create a pose rather than just standing straight.
Due to the pose that I did all of the weight rested on my wrists while the cast was drying which i can safely say wasnt the most pleasent of experiences! I think that having a body cast done is definatly an odd feeling of youve never had it done before.
Photo of me with the cling film round me before the plaster and skrim went on.
me drying in the cast
This is what the cast looked like once it had been taken off my and been left to dry.
We also fixed Jess during this session so she had both arms and legs. rather than her having a stump and a odd flipper thing for legs and a wing for an arm.
The cast of Jess with its new arms and legs laid out to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment