Friday 17 May 2013

Layer Two; Corset

I have had a little trouble with this today getting it to be the right size. I thought I would have more of an issue  with the shaping of each of the pattern pieces but I found that pretty easy when I actual thought about it properly.
This shows the first of the two mock ups that I have done for the corset. I found that the pieces fit well together but the size generally was too big. I measured and took in the seems until it was more towards the right size. With this I then took the amount off the pattern that I had took in on each seem so the pattern was the right size.
Mock up of the corset layered over the finished chemise , just gives an idea of how it will look.
This shows the second mock up I did from the altered pattern. This was just a really quick one to test the size, which was just about right apart from the sides needing to be lowered under the arms, so I haven't hemmed it or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment