Thursday 16 May 2013

Layer three; Kirtle; Mock up

I have tried the pattern I created for the kirtle to see whether it worked. I did an initial version working straight from the pattern.
From this I was able to see which parts needed a bit of tweaking so I could then alter them on  my pattern. I tried two different bottoms to my dress with this, on the left using pleating and on the right using darts to create the shape. I think that the pleating works better and gives the look I want.
These show the full mock up that I have created for this layer I am really happy with the overall shape I think it works well. The two things that I need to alter when creating the actual version are two making the opening at more  of an angle and to make the skirt bottom wider so it sits on the floor. With the final on I willbe putting eyelets onto each side of the opening to hold the corset.


No comments:

Post a Comment