Wednesday 15 May 2013

Layer One; Chemise

I have chosen to do this layer first to get my head back around making and measuring a garment so it fits together properly. I think it has  gone really well, I had a few problems with the shaping of one of the sleeves but apart from that it has gone quite well up to yet.

Shows the two sections before attachment together
Shows the two pieces with the pleating sewn and attached together.  This is one of the only bits of detail on this layer as it is classed as part of the underwear for an outfit.
Shows the full length chemise with the arms attached. The arms on this still need finishing off and the collar and bottom both need hemming. 
Shows the three sections that make up the sleeve, wanted slight detail rather than it just being straight up and down.  This also needs sewing together and hemming on both sleeves.
Shows the lace I have quickly tacked to finish off the collar, this also needs sewing  together. I think it creates a nice finish to it rather than just plainly hemming it.

No comments:

Post a Comment