Monday 10 June 2013

Gown; Days 2 & 3

These show where I am up to at the moment with the gown. I have come quite far in these two days and have just got the little detail left to do. The only issue that I have had so far is with the zip. I have had to put a longer zip in the dress so that it is easier for me to put on and it is also can be put on a mannequin. I have chosen to use a zip in this ,even though it is not historically accurate, to allow it to be taken on and off easily when doing a costume change. The only thing I don't like about this up to yet is the fact that the zip isn't completely straight, but I think that this has both to do with how I have sewn the zip but also the gap I had cut or it wasn't completely straight.
The first thing that I did was to sew all the pleats to the panels so I had a full skirt to work with rather than it having gaps all through it.
 Can see in this photo where the zip isn't quite straight. 
Shows the shaping of the sleeve, I am really happy with how symmetrical the sleeve look. 
 This shows the full length of the dress and where I am currently at with my progress. I needs to finish off the sleeve and the edging to make sure it is all finished off cleanly and I also need to sew the top of the zip in properly so it is neat and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment