Friday 7 June 2013

Gown; day one

I have worked on this for around 7 hours today as I want to get all the layers of the clothing done so I am able to photograph them and mount the photos ready for the exhibition. I am really happy with how it has gone up to yet, I have managed to get the sizing and shape right so it fits me. These are photos from throughout the day to show how I have progressed.
These both show the body with the panels pinned onto them, before I had put all the fabric in the gaps to form the pleats 
 I have pinned the zip in so that I could try it on and make sure that it fits before I started to attach any of the skirt to it as if I had to alter it when the skirt was attach it would have been much more difficult.

 These two photos show the point that I am up to at the moment, I think that I have made really good progress with what I have done. The next step with this is to sew all the bits that are just pinned together so I can then start to look at the smaller details.


No comments:

Post a Comment