Wednesday 5 June 2013

Final corset

I am really happy with the final result for the corset that I have made. The bit that I found the most difficult with this was sewing the top fabric onto it, which I think could have been sewn  bit neater. I think that this was partly to do with the slightly shiny surface to the fabric and the amount of layers that i had to sew through.  I thought that sewing the boning channels into the top fabric adds the little bit of detail that i was wanting.
 These show the full front and the back of the corset, I am really happy with the results.
 Closer photo of the ribbon up the back, in this you can see how the boning is holding the shape when the ribbon is pulled in to create a cinched in waist.
 This is a close up of where the strap and the bodice are joined by the ribbon. I have put two eyelets into the sleeve as it is wide enough to so the strain of the ribbon was distributed and not pulling on one area.

No comments:

Post a Comment