Friday 11 January 2013

Wool structure

I am taking the idea of the plaster dress structure I made, as part of a Rake's Progress, into our Alternative Miss World project. I like the fact that it is a self supporting piece, not having to have undergarments to help it hold its shape. The plaster though was not wearable so I am going to play about with fabrics and materials to see which have the strength but are wearable. Alongside my research and designing for the AMW project the choices of materials and the structures I create are also key so experimenting with things like this means that I will have strong end designs and garments.

This is where I am up to yet with the structure. Up to yet I think that it is looking okay. The main problem with it is that it doesn't hold its own weight yet. It needs more layers of wool and PVA on it to make it stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment