Thursday 10 October 2013

Pattern alteration

From the first fitting I was able to make an adapted basic block which I could he use to alter to get the pattern for the bodice. The show pictures show  a few of the stages through the pattern alteration process.
This was an example that we were shown by Mary to give us an idea of what it should look like and what stages we should go through to get to the final pattern. 


This was the first pattern that I got to after making a toile using it I found that it wasn't right because of the placing of the darts. With this in mind I altered my toile accordingly so it followed the pattern of the original bodice and also it fit Shelley
From the alterations of my toile I then went back to my pattern and made the same changes so that I was ready to cut out my final fabrics using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment