Wednesday 2 October 2013

Basic pattern block; Frankenstein bodice

From the measurements that I took of Shelley I was bale to create a basic block. I then fitted it to her to make sure that my measurements were accurate. From this I will create the pattern pieces that I need to make the Frankenstein bodice.
First stage of drawing the basic block using the measurements that I had taken
The pattern drawn  for the second time as the
 first attempt wasn't quite right with the measurements. 
Cutting the pattern onto calico 





The full piece of fabric all marked and ready to be sewn.
From the stages above I came out with this from fitting this to Shelley I found that the neck was sat a bit high and the shoulders also needed some alterations. From making this information on the fabric whilst doing the fitting I was then able to create another pattern with the alterations needed which would be used to make the bodice pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment